It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:36 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ultimate SD cartridge won't start up
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:33 am 

After about an hour of use, the game I was running on the Ultimate SD cartridge froze on screen. I shut off the CV and powered it back up, but now all I get is a black screen or the standard ColecoVision message "turn game off before inserting cartridge or expansion module."

Is there anything else I should try before packing it up and shipping it back?

Thanks,
Bill

Post subject: Re: Ultimate SD cartridge won't start up
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:43 am 

Still trying to sort this out. The cart appears to be DOA. I've emailed Steve a few times in the past three weeks but haven't heard back yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:16 pm 

thefcpguy wrote:
Still trying to sort this out. The cart appears to be DOA. I've emailed Steve a few times in the past three weeks but haven't heard back yet.

Has anyone heard from Steve? Mine doesn't work either (there's another thread here--the SD card is not read in the cartridge) and he hasn't responded to me either.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:27 pm 

adam,

The last time I did hear from Steve in mid October he told me that the last batch of SD cards he sent out were faulty:

Quote:
Hi Bill,

It appears there is a problem with the last batch of SD cards that went out. I'm not sure what happened
at this point as I haven't received any of them back in the mail yet, but it appears that even re-formatting
the cards does not restore them and copying the files off often results in the contents of the files being
corrupted on the new cards.

If possible please try formatting a completely different card as FAT or FAT32, then unzip the files
enclosed to the root directory of the SD card. This should result in you having a card with a single
directory on it called 'Coleco' which contains the required boot software. Then place that card into
the system and reboot it.

If this fixes the problem or even changes the error message for you please let me know and
I will see if you just need a replacement SD card, or an exchange on the cartridge itself.

Thanks!

Steve

I will attach the zip file that he sent to me. This worked for me for about an hour and then my cartridge died altogether. If you hear from Steve please mention me. ;)

Thanks,
Bill

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 pm 

A brand new card and some patience worked. I haven't played for an hour yet so I don't know if the cartridge is going to die.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:43 am 

Great to hear. I'm guessing you'll be fine. If you hear from Steve please send 'em my way! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 am 

Steve got back to me last night and is sending me a new cart. Thanks all!

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]