It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: "unable to detect.." message - but only with some images..
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:04 pm 

Hi

I've had some atarimax8mbit carts for a while, and just bought a few more carts. I have an idea I've had this issue before but now I cant find/remember a solution, please help?

the issue is, on either my 800xl or my 800, - or any of my 6 carts! - most times i try to reprogram the cart (over sio2PC, over serial, or my sio2usb), I get the "unable to detect..." error. No matter whether I restart, or even insert a cart into the xl to "recover a bad flash" as it says, it doesnt detect the cart.

BUT if I load this one image from the site "multiDiskRomfile.atr" - i think its this one -http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1266

it works every time.

Help? what am I doing wrong? why fail on all the other images except this one? Ive not made my own images for a while and I may have forgotten something very obvious..

cheers for guidance Steve or anyone who can help! :)

Iain

Post subject: Re: "unable to detect.." message - but only with some images
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:38 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Old images may contain an old version of the in-system programming code that does not recognize the newest cartridges.

These images can be updated to the newest programming code using the Maxflash Studio software. The USB programmer is not required, it will process the existing ATR and give you a new ATR that contains the latest code.

First download and install the Maxflash Studio software. You can get it at:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

Scroll down to the bottom and select the download/install link.

Once you have it installed, run the Maxflash Studio software and from the tools menu, select the option 'Update Existing ATR Programming Image'.

Then save the new image and try booting it as you did before. The version number shown on the Atari screen should be newer and it should recognize your flash cartridges.

Steve

Post subject: Re: "unable to detect.." message - but only with some images
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:58 am 

excellent info, thanks!

:)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]