It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:50 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: "Lords Of The Dungeon" can only be saved once
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:48 pm 

I just recently ordered my Coleco Ultimate SD and overall it seems to be a wonderful device. Plays all the original games I've tried so far great (except LoD, hence the reason for this post), which is all I care about. Not that Mario Bros. wasn't an interesting port, but I would not have paid for it. There's no such thing as a new antique. Besides, I own a Powerpak (I can play the real game, and in AV quality). I'm all about original games on original hardware (which means I have no interest in the SuperCharger either -- I'd rather just buy an MSX off E-bay and get AV out while playing the real games). Back on topic, I decided to try that "Lords Of The Dungeon" prototype I noticed everyone talking about (a Wizardry-like game for Coleco sounds way ahead of it's time, so I had to check it out), and, after creating a party I hit reset to see if it was working. Well, it said it saved, and a new file with ".savedata" appended to the end was in the folder. So far, so good. I load the original ROM and notice my save isn't there, so, I create the party again and then hit reset, and again it says my save was written successfully. This time it hits me to open the .savedata file directly. Alright, so I open the file, and sure enough there's my save. So, I'm thinking all is right, I roll a Mage to add to the party and I hit reset just to make sure it's still working alright, and BAM, error message saying the save data cannot be written. I'm using the 24K version of the file if it matters (though it shouldn't, since the file it writes when it saves is 32K -- therefore after the first save, it's automatically using the 32K version). The problem is, after loading this 32K version, it doesn't want to write it back a second time. The firmware I'm using is that beta that enables the Boxart feature that I saw in another post (and with the narrow font CVSDOS file, I have a TV that needs it).

Post subject: Re: "Lords Of The Dungeon" can only be saved once
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:17 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Try putting the LoD rom image in the root directory and see if that changes the behavior.

If not please drop me an e-mail at classics@atarimax.com with a copy of the ROM image you are using and I will try to replicate it.

Thanks,

Steve

Post subject: Re: "Lords Of The Dungeon" can only be saved once
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:13 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

e-Mailed you a firmware update that may address this. Please let me know if it takes care of the issue. :-)

Thanks,

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]