It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:52 pm

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Customizing F2?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 am 

I'd like to do a little customizing of the F2 cartridge menu.

Add Atari Basic (need for 1200XL use).
Delete (if possible) the SDX package. I rarely use it, so I can use it from a regular cartridge if/when I need it.

I presume this is possible with the Studio, but wanted to make sure that there are no special procedures that I must do to make these changes.

Thanks,
Larry

Post subject: Re: Customizing F2?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 am 

Hi Larry,

The nicest thing of studio is that you can alter your bootmenu to your liking.
That is the main reason why I also adapted MyIDE-I to this.

Later!
Sijmen.

P.S. New version uploaded today.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:25 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The only requirement is that you have Maxflash Studio 2.0 or higher installed. If you have an older version, you can update it using the download link at the bottom of this page:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

Then just download the current shipping workbook to get started and customize it as you like. :-)

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 am 

Got it. Thanks Steve & Sijmen!
-Larry

classics wrote:
The only requirement is that you have Maxflash Studio 2.0 or higher installed. If you have an older version, you can update it using the download link at the bottom of this page:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

Then just download the current shipping workbook to get started and customize it as you like. :-)

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 am 

This is a similar, but slightly different question about customizing.

I would like to replace MyDos 4.53/4 with MyDos 4.53/3 in the rescue loader. When I "hover" over the 4.53 rescue loader, it says that it is an Atari executable, 17K in length. If I right-click on that slot, I can't see any choice for an image, so I presume this is a specially-prepared file that has both DOS.SYS and DUP.SYS on it?

Or can you provide info on how to set up/package the MyDos files to work in this slot? If it is a complicated operation, please don't bother. It is not a big issue -- it would just be more convenient than changing drive numbers, etc. so that I can write the 4.53/3 files to my drives.

Thanks,
Larry

mr-atari wrote:
Hi Larry,

The nicest thing of studio is that you can alter your bootmenu to your liking.
That is the main reason why I also adapted MyIDE-I to this.

Later!
Sijmen.

P.S. New version uploaded today.

Last edited by thewhiz on Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm 

My Vote is for a 3 digit sector display also.. like 4.53/3 the new beta 4.55bx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:55 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

thewhiz wrote:
This is a similar, but slightly different question about customizing.

I would like to replace MyDos 4.53/4 with MyDos 4.53/3 in the rescue loader. When I "hover" over the 4.53 rescue loader, it says that it is an Atari executable, 17K in length. If I right-click on that slot, I can't see any choice for an image, so I presume this is a specially-prepared file that has both DOS.SYS and DUP.SYS on it?

Hi Larry,

You are correct, this is a specially constructed XEX that puts MyDOS into memory and then forces it to become resident without a disk book taking place.

If you send me the version you want to be able to use I can look at my original notes about making the XEX and see if I can make you a 4.53/4 version of the rescue loader.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:36 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Here is MyDOS 4.53/3 done up as a rescue loader.

When you add it to you workbook, you have to double-click on it, then set the zero page variables to 0xF0.

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:03 am 

Works great, Steve. Thanks, again.

-Larry

classics wrote:
Here is MyDOS 4.53/3 done up as a rescue loader.

When you add it to you workbook, you have to double-click on it, then set the zero page variables to 0xF0.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 am 

I ran into an interesting anomaly with this. There is some slight difference in the behavior of the (regular) 4.53/4 rescue loader and the newer 4.53/3 version. On a stock 6502 machine, they behave identically. But on a 65816 accelerated machine, the original version works perfectly, but the 4.53/3 version "has issues." The issue is that the menu selection bar keeps disappearing. (I think I remember that same issue during development on a stock machine, but having absolutely nothing to do with the rescue loader.)

The 4.53/3 rescue loader still works, but you have to be quick to press RETURN and an arrow key to move the selection bar and then make the selection to load MyDos. The easy fix is to just use 4.53/4 and then re-write with the 4.53/3 version. Not a big deal, but I do wonder why they behave differently.

-Larry

Edit1: Well, I got it fixed... I think. The only way that I could get the cartridge to behave properly on the 65816 accelerator was to ADD the new 4.53/3 loader to the existing menu. If I remove the older 4.54/4 file from the cartridge menu, then I get the selection bar issue mentioned previously. I've got two MyIDE-II carts and they both behave the same. One cart was "worse" than the other -- the bar would disappear immediately while the other one would wait for up to (apx) 10-15 seconds before the bar would go "hiding."

Edit 2: Now it's really fixed! Found Steve's post about updating the FAT32 loader. Updated that loader -- then the contents of the FAT32 area "disappeared." Put a new F32 quick format on the cards and copied the previous files to that portion of the cards and now all is right with the world. Whew!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]