It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using MyIDE-II with 32-in-1 Warp+ OS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:21 pm 

I recently ordered MyIDE-II, it's still in the mail, but I have started reading the forums here and slowly coming to understand it. But I keep reading about this Mybios and it seems to be a replacement OS? I also have a 32-in-1, and would really prefer to use it since I spent good money and time on installing it. Is MyIDE-II compatible with Warp + or any of the MyIDE OS's on the 32-in-1? My intention is also to use the SpartaDOS X setup with the MyIDE-II. I have the Super SDX cartridge version 4.7, but can it be used or do I need to have SpartaDOS X on the 512K MyIDE-II flash only?

I just assumed that all the Atarimax products were made to be compatible with each other, but maybe the original MyIDE system with a IDE-to-CF adapter is better suited for how I want to use my system? If so, is it compatible with a SpartaDOS X cartridge?

Post subject: Re: Using MyIDE-II with 32-in-1 Warp+ OS
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:33 am 

Since the MyBios is a replacement OS, it can be used as a real rom or as a "soft OS" in ram-under-rom. Typically, there is not a lot of advantage to using a real rom, but there are exceptions where only the real rom will work. For instance, Basic XE. It works fine with the 32-in-1 OS module, but the only issue is that every time Mr-Atari comes out with a new MyBios package, you are faced with updating the 32-in-1 module if you want to use it with the real rom. Personally, I like using the MyIDE-II with Antonia 4 MB or Ultimate 1 MB -- a whole bunch easier to update the OS.

I can't answer about SDX since I use MyDos. But the MyIDE-II is a first rate product, and unlike many products that are offered "one and done," Mr-Atari keeps on improving and expanding the capabilities.

-Larry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:26 am 

"What Larry says...."

I'm also not a SDX guy either, but I see they have a MyIDE-ii version.
That loads into the MyIDE-][ SRAM and acts as a real cartridge.
I tried it a few times, but not more that that.
Simply use the FAT32-loader, load the "SDX.bin" and your cartridge acts as a SDX-cartridge.
(until you power down)

MyBIOS is as it says a BIOS I created.
It is 400/800 XL/XE compatible, supports HSIO and such.

For IO to and from the CF/MyIDE you need this BIOS.
Most users (gamers) do not need this advantage and stick to the FAT32-loader.

Later,
Sijmen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:55 am 

I didn't know it was possible to update the 32-in-1 module, if I can, I'd like to do that. I bought it to use it, not bypass it! And frankly, I don't see why I'd have to update it every time a new version of MyBios comes out, if I feel I don't need the updated version. If the current version works now, it will continue to work in the future. That is the same mentality as with Windows update, which I shut off because I got sick of updates every time I turn my PC on or off, I have had update shut off for a year, and guess what? My PC still works fine!

But I guess I need to start a new topic including SDX in the subject to attract answers from those who do actually use SpartaDOS X with MyIDE 2.

So I appreciate what insight you guys have given me, but I'll start a new topic and ask some new questions, or rephrase some.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:37 am 

Gunstar wrote:
I didn't know it was possible to update the 32-in-1 module, if I can, I'd like to do that. I bought it to use it, not bypass it! And frankly, I don't see why I'd have to update it every time a new version of MyBios comes out, if I feel I don't need the updated version.
So I appreciate what insight you guys have given me, but I'll start a new topic and ask some new questions, or rephrase some.

Thanks.

You need to email Classics to get the login for the 32n1 configurator. Steve will also give you the logon name and password for the configurator MENU..

after downloading your new configuration Save it with your ID and password for the ID.

I agree about the inconvenience of all the different possible MyBios # and changing the 32n1 adapter for a new ROM file..

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]