It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ultima III
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:34 am 

Well, here is Ultima III for the 8Mb Flashcart. It saves to flashcart.

I'm really bad at this game, so it's not fully tested. As far as I can tell it works, but there could be issues somewhere further in the game. Ultima III seems very unforgiving with saving your characters when you enter a town or combat. Just when I start doing well, some powerful monsters come and get me.

Ah well!

Note: there seems to be a bug in this that causes the monsters not to be saved/loaded properly in some worlds. That means that you will see "unmoving" monsters that are more walls than monsters.

UPDATE: March 10, 2009:

I finally tracked down the bug that was causing the monsters to become inactive when you entered a town with monsters on the map. It was one byte wrong in my code! Argh! I spent about 45 minutes various times looking at that exact code and never saw it. Hopefully that will wrap this one up.

If you notice any more issues with the game not working like it is supposed to, let me know. I haven't played it all the way through yet.

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Last edited by Shawn Jefferson on Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:45 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Shawn,

Very nice work. :) I had some time to play it for a while yesterday and it works wonderfully, totally seamless on my 130XE. :)

I also made a Ultima III label, if anyone wants one I will send it for the cost of postage.

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:18 pm 

<bump>

fixed the bug in the Ultima III flashcart, as far as I've been able to tell so far play-testing.

Post subject: thank you! Now it is perfect!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:37 am 

Remarkable! I really appreciate your efforts. I can't thank you enough!

Post subject: Re: Ultima III
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:45 pm 

Oh, this is awesome! I can't wait for my cartridges to arrive (ordered a few days ago). My favorite game of all time (which led to years of Ultima Online addiction). I would definitely like to get a couple of those cartridge labels!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]