It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: WizWor's Super Atari Arcade Image
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
I've just completed my first cart and am posting the image for others to enjoy. The cart works on an XEGS. Please let me know what machine you are playing on if you encounter problems.

The attached ZIP file includes the .atr, the .bin (for people who want to play with the emulator), the manifest (edited to include special settings in MakeMenu), the MakeMenu LST file, and all the game files used to make the cart.

If this is too much, let me know and I'll make amends. My thinking is that someone who likes my cart, but wants to change one or two games, will be able to download the archive, copy the files to the appropriate directory, open the LST file, and get right to work. I've edited the manifest to include special settings to help people use the included files in their own cart compilations.

File list...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Archon
Asteroids
Asteroids II
BlueMax (Compatibility with OS-B, Start game using a warm start)
Boulder Dash
Break It
Bruce Lee
Centipede
Choplifter (Compatibility with OS-B, Start game using a warm start)
Clowns & Balloons
Defender
Deluxe Invaders
Demon Attack (Compatibility with OS-B)
Dig Dug
Donkey Kong
Frogger
Frogger II
Galaxian
GatewayTo Apshai (Compatibility with OS-B, Start game using a warm start)
Gremlins
Gyruss
H.E.R.O.
Joust (Compatibility with OS-B, Start game using a warm start)
Jumpman Jr
Jungle Hunt
Kangaroo
Leaderboard Golf
LodeRunner
Lode Runner II
Mario Brothers
Millipede (Start game using a warm start)
Missile Command
Mr. Do's Castle
Mr. Robot
Ms Pacman
One on One
Pacman
Pitfall!
Pitfall II
Pole Position
Popeye
Raid over Moscow
Rip Off
River Raid
Spy Hunter
Star League Baseball
Star Raiders
Wizard of Wor
Zaxxon
Zorro

--------------------------------------------------------------
Menu of 50 games - 4742 bytes free


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:57 pm 

Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:33 pm
Posts: 90
Thanks!!! I just got an 8MB cart a few days ago so this is great timing.

Stephen Anderson


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
You're welcome. Good luck!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:52 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Denver, CO
Say, WizWor - do you recall how you got maxflash to recognize the two Lode Runner .atrs in your zip file? And are there special arguments besides -osb required to get Choplifter to work? I can play it through your disk image, but when I use the .exe you included and try to build my own it never works.

I've read elsewhere that you need to do a warm boot for Choplifter, but I don't know how to do that on the 800 - when I have the menu up and hit reset, my system goes into a self-test mode. (I had a PCjr instead of an 8-bit growing up, so perhaps I am not doing it right.)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:04 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 48
WizWor,

What version of Centipede did you use(sorry I dont have my stuff setup to burn the cart) - There is a pre-release bin going around that is not the same as the final cart. It is alot easier. What does the Copyright msg say on the version you loaded?



_________________
--
Thanks,
Goochman
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:23 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
goochman wrote:
WizWor,

What version of Centipede did you use(sorry I dont have my stuff setup to burn the cart) - There is a pre-release bin going around that is not the same as the final cart. It is alot easier. What does the Copyright msg say on the version you loaded?


All I know...


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:28 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
Robb Sherwin wrote:
Say, WizWor - do you recall how you got maxflash to recognize the two Lode Runner .atrs in your zip file? And are there special arguments besides -osb required to get Choplifter to work? I can play it through your disk image, but when I use the .exe you included and try to build my own it never works.

I've read elsewhere that you need to do a warm boot for Choplifter, but I don't know how to do that on the 800 - when I have the menu up and hit reset, my system goes into a self-test mode. (I had a PCjr instead of an 8-bit growing up, so perhaps I am not doing it right.)

I used MakeMenu -- and highly recommend it. I did use the warm boot option as well as compatability with OS-B...


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:29 am 

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Denver, CO
WizWor wrote:
I used MakeMenu -- and highly recommend it. I did use the warm boot option as well as compatability with OS-B...


Right on, bro - I'm going to get that program and give it a shot going forward. Much appreciated, and thanks very much for posting your cart. It has been a lot of fun!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
The MakeMenu LST file is included in my archive, so, download MakeMenu, open my LST, and create the atr required to flash your cart.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:42 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
Robb Sherwin wrote:
WizWor wrote:
I used MakeMenu -- and highly recommend it. I did use the warm boot option as well as compatability with OS-B...


Right on, bro - I'm going to get that program and give it a shot going forward. Much appreciated, and thanks very much for posting your cart. It has been a lot of fun!

You're welcome. I hope you post your image here when you are done. Please include the source files, LST, and a manifest. It makes it easier for dummies like me to leverage your work.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2003 5:51 pm
Posts: 75
Location: Tacoma, WA
How did you get Demon Attack ROM file to work? I thought it had to be a executable and not a cart ROM dump!??!


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:03 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
TjLaZer wrote:
How did you get Demon Attack ROM file to work? I thought it had to be a executable and not a cart ROM dump!??!

Sometimes not knowing what you can't do is a good thing ;-) Really, I just installed makemenu and started adding programs (add some files), testing, and toggling properties. If no combination of settings would work, I looked for another version of the game.


There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:16 pm 

Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:35 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Denver, CO
WizWor wrote:
You're welcome. I hope you post your image here when you are done. Please include the source files, LST, and a manifest. It makes it easier for dummies like me to leverage your work.


Absolutely. I am still tweaking it (and verifying some games after they are written to the cart, which is time consuming as the cart takes a little while to be programmed) but I'll definitely throw it up when it's all set. Having a cart stash like this is great.


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:23 am 

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:46 am
Posts: 48
WizWor wrote:
goochman wrote:
WizWor,

What version of Centipede did you use(sorry I dont have my stuff setup to burn the cart) - There is a pre-release bin going around that is not the same as the final cart. It is alot easier. What does the Copyright msg say on the version you loaded?


All I know...


This is a cracked version of the Atari 5200 ROM :( - It would be nice if we could get 800 specific games on your images and keep the 5200 ones seperate (even though the 5200 version is superior :) )



_________________
--
Thanks,
Goochman
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:31 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:33 pm
Posts: 43
Location: danville, nh
goochman wrote:
It would be nice if we could get 800 specific games on your images and keep the 5200 ones seperate

The nice thing about the way I posted the archive is that it includes all the games and the LST file, so, if you want to replace centipede, you can unzip the archive, replace the centipede game, update the LST file, and create your own cart image.


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron