It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SIO Cable pinouts.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:50 am 

Hi, I want to use the SIO cable from an old 410 tape drive to connect my SIO2PC to my Atari 800. I have checked the pinouts and I think I can alter the cable to use the correct pins.

My question is,

How do I physically move the wires in the jack that plugs into the Atari 800. I have opened up the Jack, and I need to move my Red cable from pin 11 to pin 7 etc. Do I need a special tool to get the wire out of one hole and into another?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: SIO Cable pinouts.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:59 am 

Forgot to add that its the Serial Interface w/ TERMINALS SIO2PC that I am planning on buying. I will cut the cable from the 410 tape drive to connect to the terminals on the SIO2PC.

Post subject: Re: SIO Cable pinouts.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:17 pm 

pelfintax wrote:
Hi, I want to use the SIO cable from an old 410 tape drive to connect my SIO2PC to my Atari 800. I have checked the pinouts and I think I can alter the cable to use the correct pins.

My question is,

How do I physically move the wires in the jack that plugs into the Atari 800. I have opened up the Jack, and I need to move my Red cable from pin 11 to pin 7 etc. Do I need a special tool to get the wire out of one hole and into another?

Thanks.

Myself I would not change any pins in the cable. Not all cables are color coordinated. I would check the pin assignment to color wire with an ohm meter first, and then connect the proper wire to the required TERMINAL.
the pins are very hard to get out of there respective openings.
3,4,5,7,10 and with some peripherals pin 2 is required for clock out.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]