It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: ATX format and APE
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:44 pm 

Hi Steve,

Someone asked me this question :

Does APE is able to read and write real disk based on atx images ?

If it not, does exist any solution to convert it in atr format ?

Regards,

Paulo

Post subject: Re: ATX format and APE
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

If you are using the registered version, place the VAPI.DLL file into your APE installation directory, then restart APE. You should now be able to mount and use VAPI (ATX) images with APE.

You can download the DLL here:

http://vapi.fxatari.com/downloads/vapiDll_03a.zip

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:01 am 

thanks, :D

I get the registred version, great,

So can i read write by using sio2pc and create real disk ?

Regards,

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:40 am 

i'll try to tranfert atx file by usbtopc, it's done.

But the game doesn't work, here attached. :cry:

Do you have any idea ?

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:36 am 

sometimes when using a vapi image the sio2usb or sio2pcrs232 must be set to default speeds....the disk image may use copy protection that is sensitive to timings that are too fast or too slow... the timing must be just right! So set the usb and rs232 config in ape to bog standard and try the software again...

It works for me... I can try the file you uploaded but it should be the same as anyone else's.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:42 am 

Ok I just launched your posted file and played it... beginning credits rolled I did not wait for all of them and pressed the trigger and the game loaded... I killed the first two guys and went thru the gates... it appears to work just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:56 am 

What drive are you using to create your disk, I use happy 810/1050 clone drives and XF551 drives to make new disks... they work on all the other drives after that.... I do not use standard 810's or 1050's to write out new disks... try labeling disk with numbers 1 thru 4 and making a new disk in a different drive using a different numbered floppy. Then try loading the game take note of which floppy was in which drive before you do... you will know what drive to use from now on or at least what drives to try in the future. You can always use css black patch etc to read the atx and write an unprotected disk out on a real second drive... that works for me as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:03 am 

http://vapi.fxatari.com/index.html
read the page then read the faq
if you still need imaging help contact info is there

Post subject: ATX format and APE
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:32 pm 

I think Joey is onto something here. I have one of Rays previous-generation dual-mode SIO2PC/10502PC dual-mode devices - I used it in the past to image my old floppies to .atr files. I dont recall what specifically about it switches modes, but the way its designed, it cannot work with real Atari disk drives on the SIO chain as the Atari computer. However, it can be used to connect a drive directly to a modern device to make disk copies. At the time I bought it, Rays advice to users was to use APE/ProSystem to do the disk imaging, and to use AspeQt to do other, general peripheral emulation with the resulting .atr files, which is what I did.But that brings up another question: can RespeQt do this? That is, act as the host device on the SIO chain and make copies of existing disks? I dont think it can, can it? If not, is it something that might be added at some point further down the roadmap?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:17 am 

Quote:
At the time I bought it, Rays advice to users was to use APE/ProSystem to do the disk imaging, and to use AspeQt to do other, general peripheral emulation with the resulting .atr files, which is what I did.But that brings up another question: can RespeQt do this? That is, act as the host device on the SIO chain and make copies of existing disks? I dont think it can, can it? If not, is it something that might be added at some point further down the roadmap?

RespeQt/AspeQt are not designed to emulate an Atari computer (they are peripheral emulators) as such don't expect them to be able to directly access an Atari drive. However Prosystem, and now ALibPc can be used to make ATRs directly from atari drives connected to a PC by using either Atarimax SIO2PC or Atari8Warez SIO2PC/10502PC Dual-USB devices respectively.

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]