It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: Atari8warez SIO2PC help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:11 pm 

This is what I am wanting to do I want to write games to a floppy. My system I have an 800XL with 2 810 drives and an Indus GT. I want to write the games to floppy and play them like the old school feel. I have the SIO2PC cable booted with AspeQt and have copy2000 booted on the XL. I am using one 810 drive with it. I have Source D1 and Target D2 yes the 810 is set to D2. When I try to copy a game to the floppy Copy2000 starts then stops and gives Error : 08B. I have switched out with both 810 drives and get the same error. I have looked on the net for the error code and found nothing. The game is a homebrew game Slime in Atr format. I even tried the Indus drive and it did a lot better but then stopped and gave Error : 090. All the drive work perfectly but have no clue what I am doing wrong. Can some one point me in the right direction. I know it is not the Floppy because I already burnt DOS to it straight from drive. :(

Post subject: Re: Atari8warez SIO2PC help
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:39 pm 

try a different copy program. i have found, in rare occasions, the SIO2PC will mess with the program that the Atari is running. Example, my MS BASIC on disk won't work with the SIO2PC connected. It works fine with MyIDEII but not the SIO2PC. Maybe just try DOS copy. I copied several things to my INDUS and back just using DOS copy from the SIO2PC without issue.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm 

didn't notice you used ASpeQT. I use Ape so there may be a difference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:47 pm 

Do you happen to have a link where I can get DOS copy. I just put it in the port where Copy2000 was located in AspeQt or is it an entire different program than AspeQt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:36 pm 

sith101 wrote:
Do you happen to have a link where I can get DOS copy. I just put it in the port where Copy2000 was located in AspeQt or is it an entire different program than AspeQt.

http://atarimax.com/ape/download/ape118d.zip
It's the same thing as AspeQt but is supported by Atarimax. use instead of AspeQt. This is the DOS version. It works with the serial SIO2PC but, I think, not the USB version.
I use the Windows version of Ape because I'm using the USB SIO2PC and, I don't think, AspeQt supports the USB SIO2PC (or I couldn't get it to work work anyway).
APe is shareware and has some things disabled but nothing, so far, I find restricting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:39 pm 

I will try that Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:43 pm 

I found and downloaded APe 3.0.2 I can not get anything to work on it. Not detecting the SIO2PC device when keeps giving me this is not a registered version of the program. Any time I click register it wants me to pay for products. Then when I click on help it does not take you to any help page. On the install it states it supports USB SIO2PC devices but it is not detection my USB SIO2PC device.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 pm 

Is this a Atarimax SIO2PC or Atari8warez?
This board is for support of the Atarimax SIO2PC and is different from Atari8warez.
there website is http://www.atari8warez.com/

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 pm 

I have installed everything the way it is supposed to be from Atari8warez like I said used AspeQt get everything to load up on the 800xl copy2000 but when I try using copy2000 gives me an error and I know everything is working properly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:31 am 

I can not get this thing to work going to see if I can get my money back on it. Was looking at the products on Atarimax what would you suggest I get to Burn the games from a PC to a floppy on a 810 drive or a Indus Gt drive.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:46 am 

you're probably better with the Atarimax version - much easier to use.

for anyone that's interested below is a little guide i made for basic ATR>Real Atari Disk creation

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:18 pm 

This is what I am wanting to do I want to write games to a floppy. My system I have an 800XL with 2 810 drives and an Indus GT. I want to write the games to floppy and play them like the old school feel. I have the SIO2PC cable booted with AspeQt and have copy2000 booted on the XL. I am using one 810 drive with it. I have Source D1 and Target D2 yes the 810 is set to D2. When I try to copy a game to the floppy Copy2000 starts then stops and gives Error : 08B. I have switched out with both 810 drives and get the same error. I have looked on the net for the error code and found nothing. The game is a homebrew game Slime in Atr format. I even tried the Indus drive and it did a lot better but then stopped and gave Error : 090. All the drive work perfectly but have no clue what I am doing wrong. Can some one point me in the right direction. I know it is not the Floppy because I already burnt DOS to it straight from drive. :(

Hi everyone

You are right you do get an error but just keep pressing select button
What you are doing is putting copy protection back on to your floppy disk
You are recreating. You mite have to press it about 60 times but it's reading
The copy protection on the Atr file and once you have read the bad sectors
So to speak it will put them back on your new floppy disk that you are
Creating giving you the original game

I use Atari 800xl with 1050 all original, to recreate the original floppys
Just keep pressing select button until it's read all the bad sectors
And then your done.

I've got heaps of the Atari games they said couldn't be copied

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]