It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: CTS CL as opposed to RI
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:28 am 

Hello,

Quick question.. I have been trying to get my Nick Kennedy SIO2PC to work with not only my registered version of APE.. but also AspeQt and RespeQt

One thing I have found is that RI as a signal line does not work as well with the PD software as it does with APE. My ape experience with RI has been no issue since the start.

SO.. I changed my signal line to CTS - again.. APE found it.. configured it.. no issues. Both of the other softwares now also work.

BUT the SIO seems faster - almost too fast.. the noises coming from file access is nasty like the sio sounds are so fast they are noise and static and farts etc.. as it goes through the access. Maybe with various fast io routines and then baud rates.. I am actually going too fast.. causing errors, which are retried.. correct.. and move on.. but the noise on my end sounds terrible.

Are there logs to view? if so .. what would indicate that things are moving too fast? just re-reads?

James

Post subject: Re: CTS CL as opposed to RI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:10 am 

RI has half the baud rate of CTS, and RI works on the falling edge of the RS232 timing signal. APE handles them all correctly. You can adjust the timing in APE as well.

Your Atari probably has the speed limiting caps on the SIO port, make sure they are removed otherwise the less desirable fix will be the same as below
Some software does not like high speed, copy protection schemes. Just set APE at slower SIO divisor in config.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]