It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: APE Trial and SIO2PC on Windows 10
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:17 am 

APE program hangs in background after closing and doesn't reopen unless I terminate in task manager, which then crashes Windows. It appears it goes to sleep when I close it, but won't re-open. And why is it like the only program that crashes my computer when I close it in task manager?

Hooked up the device to the PC by USB, installed the software into Program Files x86, restarted PC, replaced drivers with signed drivers with cat file, manually updated drivers in settings and device manager, set it to Windows 7 compatibility mode, opened APE and loaded ATR into drive, turned on 800XL and file loads okay.

Can anyone help me get this working? Thanks!

Post subject: Re: APE Trial and SIO2PC on Windows 10
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:57 pm 

Sheldon wrote:
APE program hangs in background after closing and doesn't reopen unless I terminate in task manager, which then crashes Windows. It appears it goes to sleep when I close it, but won't re-open. And why is it like the only program that crashes my computer when I close it in task manager?

Hooked up the device to the PC by USB, installed the software into Program Files x86, restarted PC, replaced drivers with signed drivers with cat file, manually updated drivers in settings and device manager, set it to Windows 7 compatibility mode, opened APE and loaded ATR into drive, turned on 800XL and file loads okay.

Can anyone help me get this working? Thanks!

I have basically this exact same problem with Windows 10 Pro 64 and an SIO2PC serial cable (hanging off my Keyspan USB to Serial adapter that shows fine in Device Manager and, before crashing in early run, Auto Config in APE saw the SIO2PC cable and Atari just fine.) I've uninstalled and re-installed and now the Auto Config in APE cannot see the SIO2PC and Atari anymore -- and then things hang in Windows.

Help would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: I installed Trial and then I installed the latest version, registered and things are as I described. I am not longer on Trial tho.

bp

Post subject: Re: APE Trial and SIO2PC on Windows 10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:24 am 

Make sure you close the programme from the File Menu Shutdown selection and NOT using the X in the top right hand corner.

I had this problem, and closing the programme from the File Menu selection cured this problem. I am also running Windows 10.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]