It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: LEDs on device won't light/unable to establish connection
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:27 pm 

Hi folks!

I just hooked up my SIO2PC Interface device I ordered from Atarimax (by way of ebay). I have what may seem a very basic question. I've followed the hook-up instructions carefully, but no matter what I do, the LED lights on the device won't light up when I turn on the Atari or at any other time.

I've tried a variety of software, including the APE Trial, and nothing seems able to establish a connection between the PC and the Atari. I even tried using the cable in Prosystem mode, but I couldn't get the PC to see the disk drive. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...if anyone has an idea of what I should do to fix this, I'd sure appreciate your assistance.

Thanks very much for your time,
-Janice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:47 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Have you tested your Atari with a real disk drive so that you know the SIO port works ok?

If you know that the SIO port on your Atari works normally, and the power LED on the interface wont come on when then Atari is turned on, then the interface is damaged or defective.

If thats the case please e-mail me at classics@atarimax.com and I will arrange a free exchange for a new unit.

Thanks

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]