It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: SIO2PC-USB Dual Port has quit working...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:03 pm 

...or more than likely, I'm doing something wrong, or stupid, or both. Either way, I'm not having much luck with it at the moment.

I put my SIO2PC up several months ago when I found I wasn't using my 8-bit quite as much for a while and decided to straighten up a little bit while I was working on my STE. Recently, with the stay-at-home orders, I decided to start assembling my Atari 1088XEL. There are several PIC chips that need to be programmed for my XEL, so I also built a JOY2PIC Stick programmer. I pulled my 800XL and SIO2PC out of storage so that I could program the chips I needed. I decided to use an older Windows 7 laptop that I have on my garage work bench. Here's where nothing happens.

I plugged in the SIO2PC into the laptop and I get nothing. No new device detected. No searching for drivers. Nothing. I installed my registered version of APE and fired it up, loaded up a DOS 2.5 image and booted my 800XL. Again, nothing. It boots like there isn't a disk drive detected at all. Trying to troubleshoot a little, I went into Options, APE Configuration, USB Adapter Setup. For the heck of it I clicked on Install USB Adapter Firmware Update and it says Unable to perform USB adapter firmware update. No USB adapters are recognized. It looks like APE isn't seeing my adapter. I can't find any unknown device in Device Manager and nothing that corresponds to my SIO2PC. Finally, I gave up and went back upstairs to my main computer, the Windows 10 gaming PC that I was using this device with several months ago. Again, nothing. As far as my computer is concerned, there is nothing plugged into it when I plug it in.

I have no idea what I've done wrong. I've ruled out the USB cable. I really have no idea what else to try.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: SIO2PC-USB Dual Port has quit working...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:03 am 

OK, after talking with Steven, he sent me a brand new unit with a return label for the old one.

Top notch service all around.

Thanks Steven!

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]