It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trying to contact STEVE about some support with A.P.E
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:28 am 

Hi Steve,

I wanted to contact you via regular e-mail through your customer support link, but my computer is not set up to send e-mail that way, it told me so. I got the same result trying to send you an e-mail through the forums. Then I tried to PM you, but it won't let me upload the pictures I need to show you, so I am now forced to attempt to get help from you on the public forum.

I've noticed a problem with A.P.E lately, since I've been attempting to use some of the more advanced features lately. Previously I pretty much never used any features beyond what the 'trial version' allows. But I've now noticed that the windows refuse to fully display, cutting things off on the right side of the windows, which prevents me from using features like PLAY on the cassette playback option for .CAS files, and also when I use the Prosystem only one drive is recognized, even though I have the registered version, supposedly. I have attemted to re-install both the trial version and the upgrade off of the Registered edition CD-rom, with the same results. I only get the trial version apparently, as you can see in the pictures. When I boot A.P.E it says it's the registered version, registered to me, but then it seems to still just be the trial version, even if I specifically go to START>PROGRAMS>A.P.E, etc. It showed BOTH the trial version and registered version as seperate folders, but I get the exact same results regardless of which I load, I even tried deleting the trail version folder, but got the same results still. Please help. Oh, by the way, My PC is a Pentium 3, 450Mhz, with 256MB running Windows 98.

Thankyou,

Matthew Baker, a.k.a, Gunstar

Sorry about the size of the pictures, I can't figure out why they are so large, isn't there a thumbnail option?!?

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:25 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Sounds like your computer does not like the "mailto" style links used to pop up an e-mail client.

You can always reach me by manually entering the address classics@atarimax.com into the To: field. :)

Which version of APE do you have installed? I ask because some of the newer builds have been adjusted to handle large fonts better.

Something to try would be to go into the display options a set the theme to Windows default and small fonts. If that fixes it then an update may help using your current settings.

In any case drop me an e-mail if possible, so I have your current address for sending the update.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:32 pm 

I'm using version 2.3.5

I tried resetting both the theme and icon/font sizes to windows default, and restarted everything, with the same results for A.P.E
I'm sending you an e-mail, I'll attach a couple pictures I took there.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]