It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: SpartaDOS X and Ape Warp
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 pm 

I just got a SpartaDOS X cartridge and I notice that I am not getting warp speed even when I create a 16 meg ATR image. I formatted it with SpartaDOS X Format. I ran the Ape warp utility that came on the utility disk, but I don't think it worked.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:17 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

The problem with Spartados X is the Pokey divisors are hard coded into the cart, it does not use the one returned by APE.

If you have the USB version of the interface you can make it work by selecting a compatible divisor.

If you are using the RS232 version the only solution is to modify the Spartados X rom image so it uses baud rates compatible with RS232 SIO2PC.

Do you have an eprom burner? I can send you the required rom image.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:00 pm 

classics wrote:
The problem with Spartados X is the Pokey divisors are hard coded into the cart, it does not use the one returned by APE.

If you have the USB version of the interface you can make it work by selecting a compatible divisor.

If you are using the RS232 version the only solution is to modify the Spartados X rom image so it uses baud rates compatible with RS232 SIO2PC.

Do you have an eprom burner? I can send you the required rom image.

Steve

Hi Steve-

This question was also posted in the AA forums. I tried this, and my mileage is different...

Using the serial interface, I attached my SDX 4.22 cart and tested it with APE by itself and using the Black Box attached. Using SDX, I got typical Sparta 2X with no issues and with the BB attached, I got 3X. I should say that I got the SIO sound typical of 2X and 3X when loading or copying files.

Today, I tried the USB interface and with no BB attached, got 2X at pokey=10 or 8. When the BB is attached, I get "Drive not Present." It would not work at any SIO rate that I tried from 4 to 12.

-Larry

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]