It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: APE Virtual MX-80 Printer setup?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:42 am 

Under the Printer Control tab on the Virtual MX-80 printer, there are selections for "Load Rom Character Set" and "Save Rom Character Set." If you select one of these it opens a file selection box and asks for a .SET file to load/save. Has anyone used this feature? What are the characteristics of the .SET files? Does anyone have a .SET file that they can share as an example?
Thanks,
Larry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:08 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

There are some programs that redefine the internal dot matrix font used by graphics printers. This lets them basically replace the standard font with another bit map font so that normal print operations use that font instead.

Its pretty tedious to load one of those font programs to change the MX font every time, so added a load/save for the internal MX font data.

I'll make a few font files as an example and upload then. Off the top of my head I can't remember the name of the programs that let you load custom fonts, maybe Maganaprint?

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:47 am 

classics wrote:
There are some programs that redefine the internal dot matrix font used by graphics printers. This lets them basically replace the standard font with another bit map font so that normal print operations use that font instead.

Its pretty tedious to load one of those font programs to change the MX font every time, so added a load/save for the internal MX font data.

I'll make a few font files as an example and upload then. Off the top of my head I can't remember the name of the programs that let you load custom fonts, maybe Maganaprint?

Steve

Thanks Steve. I have Magniprint and several programs similar to it, so I will check them for fonts.

-Larry

Post subject: Virtual MX-80 printer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:28 am 

Hi Larry,

You can save a set from the title bar, and verify the format. The one I have is about 5.75Kb. I have been using the mx80 printer from APE since it was installed, but never changed from the origial..

Good Luck,

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: Virtual MX-80 printer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 pm 

roye wrote:
Hi Larry,

You can save a set from the title bar, and verify the format. The one I have is about 5.75Kb. I have been using the mx80 printer from APE since it was installed, but never changed from the original..

Good Luck,

Hi Roy-

Thanks! I appreciate the tip. Hopeful that I can find some other sets to try, too.

-Larry

Post subject: Re: APE Virtual MX-80 Printer setup?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:55 pm 

I would like my printer to print the atascii characters. I tried Virtual MX-80 and it will print mainly inverse characters, but I would like all atascii characters printed. How do I go about doing this? Also, the font on the mx-80 is too small. How can I correct this?

Post subject: Re: APE Virtual MX-80 Printer setup?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:19 am 

bump

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]