It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: is a floppy drive really required?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:53 pm 

Hi,
I recently bought an Atari 800xl via ebay since I've always wanted one when I was kid, but never could afford it.

I am very interested in the USB version of the SIO2PC, but the fine print on the webpage states that an Atari computer AND a floppy drive are required but not included.
While I can understand the requirement of the Atari computer, is a floppy drive really required?

Or, with only the SIO2PC USB, would I be able to load a disk image someone else has created?

I am hoping a floppy drive is not really required, since I do not own one and would much prefer to use an emulated drive via APE.

Post subject: Re: is a floppy drive really required?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:43 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

MoonMist wrote:
Hi,
I recently bought an Atari 800xl via ebay since I've always wanted one when I was kid, but never could afford it.

I am very interested in the USB version of the SIO2PC, but the fine print on the webpage states that an Atari computer AND a floppy drive are required but not included.
While I can understand the requirement of the Atari computer, is a floppy drive really required?

No floppy drive is required. You can download disk images from the internet or create your own.

Quote:
I am hoping a floppy drive is not really required, since I do not own one and would much prefer to use an emulated drive via APE.

APE also comes with a program called ProSystem that allows you to access a 1050 or other disk drive directly. Thats the only part you *need* a disk drive to use. :)

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]