It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: ProSystem Error: Unusual Error. [Could not open Serial Port]
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 pm 

Hi,

I get this error often with the ProSystem program after using APE. Doesn't seem to access the floppy when I hit start.

I'm wondering if I need to tweak config or possibly check cables. Also open to try usb to serial adapter.

I'm not having any issues with imaging with APE, so what could be causing this error?

FujiMan

My system:
Thinkpad T30 1.8ghz, serial SIO interface, WinXP, 3.0.2 APE/Pro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 11:22 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

If you are using the RS232 adapter, make sure APE is shut down.

Also, turn on the Atari and let it idle at the MEMO PAD or SELF-TEST screen. Then turn on the disk drive and start ProSystem.

This will let the Atari provide extra power to the RS232 adapter while ProSystem works.

If you are using the USB version of the interface, it should provide power without the Atari attached at all.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:12 am 

Steve and all,

Yes serial interface.

I've set APE to sleep when ProSys is active.

I tried just launching ProSystem and waited 15 seconds for machine and drive to stop. I used the file selector to put the file where I want it. I press the 'Start' button. Same error.

I restarted ProSystem and typed in the filename and pressed return without using file selector. It then worked. Very strange.

I don't think this is the problem, because from programming experience, a file selector has no bearing on Steve's code. I will do some further investigation. I am able to detect and do a 'speed test' but sometimes it doesn't spin the drive for making an image.

I'm going to guess either a flaky 1050 or bad cable or cable length. Will swap the cable out and see what happens.

FujiMan

classics wrote:
If you are using the RS232 adapter, make sure APE is shut down.

Also, turn on the Atari and let it idle at the MEMO PAD or SELF-TEST screen. Then turn on the disk drive and start ProSystem.

This will let the Atari provide extra power to the RS232 adapter while ProSystem works.

If you are using the USB version of the interface, it should provide power without the Atari attached at all.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]