It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: MyIDE documantation on this forum......
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:12 pm 

When one goes to try to get the documentation for the MyIDE cartridge, one is told to get it from Mr. Atari's site and he in turn says to get it from AtariMax.
Other than Paranoid's offering, there is not a lot out there.
I got mine set up with MyDOS after a few bad starts and in the process, found there is no specific docs for setting up for using disk images other than Paranoid's docs.
I spoke too soon!
I found Mr. Atari's docs and that helped a lot.
But I have one game in atr format that works fine as a physical disk and also from SIO2PC without trying to boot it from a MYIDE image.
That game, loads a title screen and then tries to go back and load the rest of the game.
It is called The Eidolon.
And since I do not have a memory enhanced 65XE, the 130K version will not work from a corresponding atr image file.
The image file I have is "Eidolon (The)" as to title and the atr is called EIDOLON.ATR
So help there would be good.
I have already run into the 64file per directory or partition root limit.
But although some games will run from the DOS L command or PicoDOS, most will not.
So help is needed there.
Also, when putting an image file in the image space, do I change the S/M/D to match the atr image format?

[mr-atari]
edited the topic

Last edited by 8-bit on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: MyIDE documantation on this forum......
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:21 am 

Can you zip/upload the image?

You are still on the original firmware 3.5F?
Perhaps you want to update to 4.7F, this OS has a SIO-patch for games/software that continue on real drives.

The density is read from the master-disk, so do not change S/M/D.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:16 pm 

For my MyIDE cartridge with Flash, which version of the 4 supplied versions of 4.7 should I use?
I sure do not want to loose the boot menu!
You have to remember that if I reflash the flash portion of the cartridge, I want everything to at least work as before.
In the setup I have, when I access the image portion of the drive, I do not get a regular selection menu of the installed images. I get the programming one that is one line and have to use the joystick to step through the selections.
It would have been nice to have a selection menu like the ones on the 1 and 8 meg flash cartridges to make my selections.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:55 pm 

I went ahead and bit the bullet and reflashed the MyIDE cart with the 4.7 BIOS.
But I evidently did something wrong because on initial boot, it said something like no OS found.
So now I am stuck at only being able to access the image games I had loaded.
I had previously set up 3 partitions with partition 1 and 2 set up as drive 1 and drive 2 and the third as drive 4 and image space after that.
I do not have any access to a burner to do the OS, so how do I get the external version on the cart or CF card?
I cannot even boot from an external device without selecting the built in OS, so I am stuck.
I really do not want to have to start from scratch, but am willing to do so to get it right.
I would have thought the 4.7 BIOS flash image would have contained the correct OS. and for the life of me, I do not know how to get it in or revert to the early version of the flash contents to save myself!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 am 

I'm not sure when you posted this.
Before of after your p.m. to me?

The 4.7F works the same as 3.5F, only a bit different.
Please read the manual for the changes in the menu-structures.
Like HELP = IDE-MENU or booting with START+SELECT+OPTION (forced entry).

The warning message is only for non rev_2 machines, notifying possible incompatibility-issues.
I have removed the warning for REV_3 (late 130XE) and REV_4 (XEGS) in 4.7.06 since they work ok.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]