It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:20 am

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:32 pm 

Again an update.

MyFormat 2.1

Bug Fix:
The bootsectors written by version 2.0 were not 100% compatible. This is not a problem when you use spartaDOS or BeWeDOS as boot-file... (most people won't have any problems with the format of version 2.0) In case of other boot-file you may have had some problems.

In version 2.1 this problem is fixed (I hope)

Tested with: bootmanager written by Atreju.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
Marius

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 am 

I've got myself a MyIDE+Flash, MyIDE OS internal from my 32in1, and Sparta3.3a.

I've tried booting Sparta with the MyIDE cart installed and the boot process usually hangs with the WaitForIDE message.

Anyone shed any light on this process?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:54 am 

tuf wrote:
I've got myself a MyIDE+Flash, MyIDE OS internal from my 32in1, and Sparta3.3a.

I've tried booting Sparta with the MyIDE cart installed and the boot process usually hangs with the WaitForIDE message.

Anyone shed any light on this process?

Well, I've made considerable progress, and figured out my previous issue (internal vs external MyIDE via the 32in1). At this point I boot the MyFormat disk, type myformat, enter a label, select drive 2 (which is a 65k double density partition) and hit start-select-option.

When I do that, the program says its formatting, makes about 20 seconds worth of atari-fart noises, and says the format is complete and to reboot. When I reboot the D2: partition is not there.

At no time during the fart process do I see the MyIDE cart get hit (via the LED). I do see it get hit when the MyFormat disk loads, however, so I assume it sees the cart there.

I'll continue to hack away at it but if anyone can offer some advice I'd be much obliged!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:57 am 

Final update of the night :)

I can get the MyFormat program to work if I let the MyIDE OS load from the cart. Everything works fine, the partition formats, but I cannot boot Sparta3.3a..it hangs waitingforide.

If I hold option and let the internal MyIDE OS load from my 32in1, I am unable to format the partition using MyFormat.

I even prepared the partition successfully using the external OS (cart) and then tried booting Sparta once that was finished using the internal OS. Sparta just hangs exactly like it did in my first paragraph.

Is holding option the "proper" way to insure the MyIDE OS loads from the 32in1? If I simply select something like "MyIDE 4.3i" from the OS selection menu, the cart still seems to boot its OS (3.5F - why older?).

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2