It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Compact Flash configuration
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:46 pm 

So, I'm playing around with a 1gb PQI CF card... and I'm a little confused. Assuming that I lose half of the capacity right off the bat, that gives me 512mb on the card... That should give me enough theoretical space for 32 16mb drive partitions (I understand that MyIDE only supports 8 drives).

Assuming I only have 1 drive, configured with a bootable 16mb ATR image, that should leave me 496mb available for image space on the drive.

Even if we halve all of our figures again... that should leave me theoretical space for 16 16mb drives, or double the 8 drive limit, using only 1 drive of 16mb, I should still have 240mb of space available for image space...

My images total 105mb, and I'm getting 70mb of them on the card before I get an error that it can't find the sector. I'm assuming it must have something to do with how I've configured my drive geometry for heads, cyls and sectors. But, I can't figure out how to get the real data if the MyIDE fdisk doesn't detect it right.

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:57 pm 

Here is an example. Using Nacho Ciento's program, ATR2MYIDE... I get the error "Removable Medium 3, The Disk Does Not Contain Offset 3E91C000" when I try to write anything beyond slot 887.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]