It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Atari 5200 cartridge problem.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:59 pm 

Hello, I ordered both Atari 5200 and Colecovision carts from Atarimax and received them just few days ago.

I tried the Colecovision cart first and it worked like a charm. (I actually played some games on the system so everything's working great).

Then I tried the 5200 cart. I installed the driver, then installed the "Studio" software". I started the software, created a new workbook, dragged 128 .a52 roms to the list and then clicked on Help -> System Burn-In. (I think that's where I did something terribly wrong).

I inserted the cartridge into the system and I got the Atari logo on screen, no games. Then back to my PC, I created a new workbook, clicked on Synchronize to empty the cartridge, added a couple of roms afterwards and then "Synchronize" again.

Back to my system now, I can see the list of games, cool, but whenever I start a game I get a black screen. I tried to Synchronize over 20 games and I always get the same result.

Any help please?

Post subject: Re: Atari 5200 cartridge problem.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Create a new, blank workbook and synchronize the cartridge. Put it in the 5200 (with the USB disconnected) and try to start the system test program in slot 128.

If that works, place the ROM image below in slot #1, then attach, re-sync and put it back in the 5200. Try to start the ROM in slot #1.

Steve

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:59 pm 

classics wrote:
Create a new, blank workbook and synchronize the cartridge. Put it in the 5200 (with the USB disconnected) and try to start the system test program in slot 128.

If that works, place the ROM image below in slot #1, then attach, re-sync and put it back in the 5200. Try to start the ROM in slot #1.

Steve

Thank you for your reply,

I tried both steps, I got a black screen when I tired to start the test program. I thought I could try the second step, still I got a black screen.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:27 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Please e-mail me at classics@atarimax.com to arrange for an exchange of this item, it does not sound like a problem that can be resolved using the software.

Steve

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 am 

The exchange has been successfully done and Steve is a great person to deal with, I'll be definitely checking atarimax for newer products!

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]