It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: rom compatability issues
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:57 pm 

I have had my usb cart for about a month and love it for its user friendliness. It is a really cool product which allows me to play games I want on the 5200 and still continue collecting for 2600 exclusively.

I have searched out quite a few roms for it and keep coming up with several that I cannot get to work, despite trying as many different versions as I can find. Some are official releases like Pitfall!, and some are conversions like Preppie and Junior Jumpman. Some are hacks like Pac Pollux. And still others are protos such as Sports Goofy. there are a few others that I can't remember. Are there known compatability issues with these titles?

I do know about the BBSB thing, and was wondering if my problems with these titles is similer.

Post subject: Similar problems
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:46 pm 

I'm able to run Pitfall, but not Sport Goofy. On the first attempt, the title appeared and then the screen went white. On the next attempt, the screen fills with random characters and scrolls. I don't have the other titles to test.

I'm also having a problem with Star Raiders. I'm able to select the difficulty level, but once I press # on the keypad, the screen freezes. The sound continues however, but it doesn't respond to the controls. Before pressing #, I'm able to change my spacecrafts speed and direction and fire torpedoes.

I ran PAM Diagnostics and my 5200 seems to pass the various tests. Other games like Centipede, Pac Man, Galaxians, Tennis, etc. seem to work.

The original Star Raiders cartridge works, and it also runs from my homemade multi-cart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:51 am 

I can't get Popeye to work.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]