It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: RESET button on ATARIMAX Cartridges
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:22 pm 

Just a question: Why the Flash and MyIDE II cartridges do not have a RESET button? To use switch on the back of ATARI to reset an unstoppable application is not a smart approach. I have other (25+ years old) cartridges, like for example ToolBOX2 from JRC Software, which came with convenience reset button on the top. Using that cartridges is easy without turning off ATARI if I want to run different application. Usually I am using this cartridge with SIO2PC USB version also.
I push the button on the top of cartridge, start TTDOS or/(and from TTDOS) TT-BASIC 2.12 where I apply BYE and ATARI's RESET button; If I use MyIDE II I miss that option and after crushing an application I should always shut down ATARI and turn on again with its switch ... It is not a nice way (ICs' repeated powering off/on and the mechanical switch also).

Thanks,
Peter

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

Post subject: Re: RESET button on ATARIMAX Cartridges
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:15 am 

Its optional on MyIDE-][ ;-)

There are images and/or files attached to this posting. You must be logged-in to view or download this content.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:31 pm 

Thanks :? . It should be there, very useful. I am surprised a little, why it missing on final product. You can save lots of time and - of course - protects ATARI from some damages.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:15 pm 

Hi Sijmen,

I posted a question also about the MyIDE II, but no one answered me on it right now.
If I may ask you to help me. How to extract files from the 512kB flash memory? I would like to have Assembler Editor from it and put it on HD. What version I have, it has missing instructions or its features are different from that, what is in the flash memory. Concretely I can point on DR instruction in DEBUG section. I flash version it follows the book description, what I have on HD, it shows only A register. Also, how can I include other asm files into the editor, so chain number of asm files without rewriting them in the Editor. The Assembler Editor has a built in text editor, similar to ATARI Basic edtitor. It is very convenient solution, what I miss in MAC/65 (it is using external text editor: MEDIT - what is terrible an one).

Thanks,
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:03 pm 

The other nice example of resetable cartridge. :) QMEG ... etc.
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:42 am 

pkapas wrote:
Hi Sijmen,

I posted a question also about the MyIDE II, but no one answered me on it right now.
If I may ask you to help me. How to extract files from the 512kB flash memory? I would like to have Assembler Editor from it and put it on HD. What version I have, it has missing instructions or its features are different from that, what is in the flash memory. Concretely I can point on DR instruction in DEBUG section. I flash version it follows the book description, what I have on HD, it shows only A register. Also, how can I include other asm files into the editor, so chain number of asm files without rewriting them in the Editor. The Assembler Editor has a built in text editor, similar to ATARI Basic edtitor. It is very convenient solution, what I miss in MAC/65 (it is using external text editor: MEDIT - what is terrible an one).

Thanks,
Peter

I did reply/answer.....
For MyIDE-][ posts, you should go to the correct forum.
That is the right thing to do.

Look here, I'm sure you can find something here you like.
http://www.atarimania.com/pgemainsoft.a ... U&system=8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:33 am 

Thanks, I found it. I forgot to check notification on that.
Have a nice day,
Peter

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]