It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Contest: Win an 8mbit Flash Cartridge for Posting a Workbook
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:04 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi!

From now until 9/30/2009 you can be entered to win a free Maxflash 8mbit Flash Cartridge!

Just use the new Maxflash Studio Software to create a your own custom workbook that will fit into a 1mbit or 8mbit flash cartridge.

Then make a new thread here and share your workbook by attaching it to your post.

You will get one entry into the contest for each workbook you post in a new thread, up to 3 workbooks total.

Also, while you are having fun making your own cartridges, please take a minute to share any bug reports, comments or suggestions you might have about the software.

To get the free Maxflash Studio Software for Windows, follow the link below, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the download link.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited by classics on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Contest: Win an 8mbit Flash Cartridge for Posting a Work
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:17 am 

classics wrote:
Hi!

Also, while you are having fun making your own cartridges, please take a minute to share any bug reports, comments or suggestions you might have about the software.

Thanks!

Steve

Hi,
I was making a cartridge with the Jigsaw programs by Thorn EMI and noticed that they were recognized by the database. But several of them just use the name 'Jigsaw' as a title.
Also it would be nice if the 'save EXE' function would carry the title over to the Save dialogue box.
Thanks for the great program, looking forward to the arrival of the hardware.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:34 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Hi Roy,

I have uploaded a new version of the application that will use the display name as a suggestion for the save-as filename.

Do you know the correct name for each of the Jigsaw entries? I remember going through them and not really seeing any indication of what disk number or individual title they had when loading.

If you have added the correct descriptions to your own database you can e-mail me the romlib.ini file at classics@atarimax.com and I will merge your changes with the distribution version.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:41 pm 

classics wrote:
Hi Roy,

I have uploaded a new version of the application that will use the display name as a suggestion for the save-as filename.

Do you know the correct name for each of the Jigsaw entries? I remember going through them and not really seeing any indication of what disk number or individual title they had when loading.

If you have added the correct descriptions to your own database you can e-mail me the romlib.ini file at classics@atarimax.com and I will merge your changes with the distribution version.

Steve

Thanks Steve,
I had not thought of doing the descriptions > to my own database. I will do this and send you my INI file. And for other files I find that are recognized but miss-named. This will be 'TOSEC' naming convention ok?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:06 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Sure name them however you would like, pretty much anything more descriptive than 'Jigsaw' will be a major improvement. :-)

Steve

Post subject: feedback
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:15 pm 

Got my usb programmer and it works great - very impressive little device!

As for suggestions/bug reports/questions/etc, I so far have 3 questions :

When in the cartridge studio, the colors don't seem to work quite right. What I mean is that the "live menu preview" shows the header and footer text in a SOLID bar of color, which is easily readable. After writing a cart (or in preview mode with AtariWin), the header and footer is in a harder-to-read faded text bar. My one main suggestion would be to lose the faded bar and have the header/footer in a solid color.

My 2nd question is in regards to the database of recognized software. No problems with it, but is there a list of it available? I just think it would be nice to see the list of everything that is 'recognized'.

And thirdly, an entirely personal-experience question. All games on the 3 carts I made so far work okay. Except 'Flak". (see 'Ray's Faves #1' in workbooks posts). Ummmm, if anybody tried this, does it work for you??? Because for me, it works just fine in preview mode with the emulator set to xl/xe emulation/ntsc/64k. On my real unmodified ntsc 800xl, it loads and only sort-of works......the targets (turrets) are blacked out and the 'warning sound' keeps playing non-stop. Strange, annoying and mostly unplayable. Also tried making the cart with an alternate version of flak....with the same results. Hmmmm.

Anyway, great little device and software!

Ray Wilmott

Post subject: Re: feedback
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:54 pm 

Ray Wilmott wrote:
Got my usb programmer and it works great - very impressive little device!

As for suggestions/bug reports/questions/etc, I so far have 3 questions :

>snip<

My 2nd question is in regards to the database of recognized software. No problems with it, but is there a list of it available? I just think it would be nice to see the list of everything that is 'recognized'.

>snip<

Anyway, great little device and software!

Ray Wilmott

I believe that the database "ini" file is ascii so any texteditor would be able to read the known description of the recognized games.

Post subject: winner?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:15 am 

>From now until 9/30/2009 you can be entered to win a free Maxflash 8mbit Flash Cartridge!

So.....who won the free cartridge??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:33 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Congratulations to 'roye' for winning the 8mbit flash cartridge in September!

There will be another giveaway contest next month for the holidays.

Thanks to everyone who participated and shared your workbooks. :)

Steve

Post subject: Re: feedback
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:46 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Ray Wilmott wrote:
My one main suggestion would be to lose the faded bar and have the header/footer in a solid color.

I have uploaded a new version of the software that will keep the colors on, but not perform the gradient effect.

Re-install the maxflash studio software, open your workbook and then go to the Edit -> Workbook Options menu to disable the gradient effect.

Ray Wilmott wrote:

This is in the romlib.ini file in your maxflash installation directory. It is essentially in plain text plus windows ini format blocks.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]