It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Collections or Archives of PRO images
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:39 pm 

Greetings,

I'm just wondering if there are any archives, or if any of you may have collections of .PRO prosystem images. I've been slowly working my way through my copy protected disks, but some of these probably don't work anymore. I would like to preserve as many of these programs as possible.

Please chime in if you are interested contributing any working PRO images that you may have already created.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:40 am 

The Holmes Atari archive disks (3 CD set) have a bunch of PRO images on them, I saw browsing through it the other night.

I'm sure these came from some available archive somewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:56 am 

Greetings,

Can you advise where one may find these CDs? The Holmes Atari site was apparently killed several years ago.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:56 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

I have a snapshot of Holmes 2001 archive but no PRO images. :(

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:33 pm 

classics wrote:
I have a snapshot of Holmes 2001 archive but no PRO images. :(

Steve

I have the three CD's that are supposedly the final ones.. CD #2 does have some files on it with the .PRO file extender on them.

:D

Post subject: Files extenders and modified files
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:34 pm 

He asks, (in an Oliver like voice) Please sir! can we have some more (pro images)? BTW, what happened to that critter in the picture? :twisted:
I noticed quite a few ATR's floating around are not pure but have been tinkered with and will not run on my 130XE or are of older lineage and are not the same quality as many titles I had 'acquired' in the past. I get excited and darn it's the ancient version minus the levels or graphics, or many times it will run emulated (nicely but not the same) and not on the real equipment any longer. I really wish we had the original untampered with stuff as a control and then named the extenders for whatever they are or have become for example...

.car sparta rom cartridge image
.fcr flash cartridge image/install
.bxe basic xe

.ahr atr hard drive compatible/ patched
.atr (do i need to spell this one out?) works on all machines
.a8r 800 only
.a4r 400 only
.axr xl/xe only
.ax2 xl/xe 256k
.ax3 xl/xe 320k
.ax5 xl/xe 576k

.phr pro hard drive compatible/ patched
.pro (yeah you got it ) works on all machines floppy w/ protection
.p8r pro 800 only
.p4r pro 400 only
.pxr pro xe/xl only
.px2 pro xl/xe 256k
.px3 pro xl/xe 320k
.px5 pro xl/xe 576k

I hope a scheme like this seems logical
this would save incredible time on guesswork and we wouldn't keep remaking and frustrating the same issues over and over.
oh it's an a8r I need to run translator. oh it's xl xe it won't run on my 400!
etc.

I have some atr with the same name all patched a little differently and some run on this and some run on that... the 8+3 really can help here!

Just an Idea :idea: I have and will attemp to use in my endeavors/utils could sort easier and change options to emulate more easily if this is adopted and could be used to set rom compatibility option etc. automatically :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:03 pm 

Hi,

You may also want to check the VAPI project.

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com

Post subject: VAPI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 pm 

AtariFrog,

I checked it out & it showed me about 6 images, I guess it is going to be a tough one!, I sure hope everyone supports the effort to get the original images before bit rot takes the originals away from us forever!
Remember a clean source is where all things must start to make all of this possible here and elsewhere!
Thank You,

Post subject: Pro And Vapi
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:17 pm 

This is my plea to all to help us locate pro images from original disk and original disk images for the VAPI as well as PRO projects... before it is too late we already have lost more titles than you know... mostly games but there is a wealth of professional productivity software for the 8 bit that is being lost and it was very well written and sometimes simpler is better, who needs a $39-$189 piece of software to do SIMPLE housekeeping and Database work?
'nough said 8)

Last edited by _The Doctor__ on Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:42 pm 

Stay tuned, some 10-15 programs should be added within the next days with a lot more to come! For the moment, only fully verified disks are being uploaded so that's why updates are not always frequent (in other words, we can only be sure the disk is OK by comparing two originals of the same program).

--
Atari Frog
http://www.atarimania.com

Post subject: awsome to here.... VAPI time!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 pm 

I will start looking through my ancient boxes of stuff I have a few original disks.
What is the best drives (hardware and firmware) to get actual true data from? INDUS GT? 1050 Happy? or some other that gets 'all' the data? Is Bob Puff's stuff the best? To get all the data and protection schemes? I will also offer 160 gig of dedicated storage for Atari backup purposes for any and all sites that are retaining software and data for the machines. I think that should be enough... for all the sites I will keep it on hard drive and periodically back it up to CD. No Charge. If a site crashes or board goes down, I can send it via internet or mail to get them back up with as little lost as possible.
This will be a Maxtor 160GB with nothing but site partitions on it Each site will have it's own partition to itself to prevent any co- mingling or directory structure damage. This is not a mirror for all but an archive for any and all Atari sites that wish a backup. Also I request that if a site goes dark that we be allowed to make it active elsewhere to keep Atari computers alive (an option you can elect) imortalizing you and the site.
I have 3 Mbit to receive and 768Kb to send. I have seen the best sites dissapear and be lost forever or worse go commercial start charging to look at data they received from myself and others
(This is really prevailent on ST site) (Activision still loves me!)

I'm back :twisted:

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]