It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Atarimax SIO2PC USB Universal Adapter Now Available!
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:51 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Atarimax SIO2PC USB Universal Adapter Now Available!

I happy to announce the USB version of the SIO2PC Universal Interface is now available!

The USB interface has been designed to implement all of the features normally available when using APE with a SIO2PC Universal adapter.

Additionally, the USB interface allows for a few new features, including:

:arrow: True Plug-and-Play support, just plug in the interface and APE will find it.
:arrow: High speed SIO support for ALL Pokey baud rates. (Video of Pokey's highest baud rate in action!)
:arrow: Native disk drive rate support, including support for high speed upgrades.
:arrow: High speed SIO support in ProSystem. (Video of ProSystem reading a disk w/ Happy 1050)
:arrow: Cassette motor control support.
:arrow: Direct state/FSK capture and playback of cassette or other SIO data. (Working but still in beta testing)
:arrow: Future support for use of other SIO pins. (Interrupt, Clock, etc).

Pre-ordering begins now, with shipments starting 06/04/2007.

Pre-order pricing is $59.99 per kit for the first 100 interfaces. (about 44 Euros)

For complete product information and the order form go to:

http://www.atarimax.com/sio2pc/documentation/

I also recommended reading at least the introduction to the USB documentation before ordering, which goes into further detail about software compatibility and differences from RS232 SIO2PC.

Post subject: SIO2PC Universal Interface (USB Edition)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:17 am 

I can't believe there is not some buzz about this...

- Does Maxflash work with this version?
- Is the trial version of APE sufficient to run Maxflash?
- Is the trial version of APE time limited or just a lite version?

I've barely used a drive since getting my 8m megacart. I'd like to try my hand at creating megacart images.

Post subject: Re: SIO2PC Universal Interface (USB Edition)
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:58 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

WizWor wrote:
I can't believe there is not some buzz about this...

- Does Maxflash work with this version?

Yes, you can load the Maxflash programming images using the USB interface. You should be able to do anything with the USB version of the interface that you can with the RS232 version, and then some.

Quote:
- Is the trial version of APE sufficient to run Maxflash?

The trial version will read and write to ATR images fine, so you can use it for any Maxflash programming image.

Quote:
- Is the trial version of APE time limited or just a lite version?

I've barely used a drive since getting my 8m megacart. I'd like to try my hand at creating megacart images.

The trial version is not time limited, its up to you to decide if you want to support the program or just want/need the extra features in the registered version. :)

Steve

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:26 pm 

classics wrote:
The trial version is not time limited, its up to you to decide if you want to support the program or just want/need the extra features in the registered version. :)

Steve

Good point. The program is certainly worth more than $50 to me. Sign me up for SN:000001 ;)

SN:000001 is autographed, right?

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:40 pm 

Now, let's have some buzz!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:40 pm 

I got one of these and an 8MB cart this evening. I've been on registered APE for a year now I think. Well worth the time & money. My entire childhood collection is now archived and I am back on BBSes again.

Stephen Anderson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 1:29 am 

Stephen wrote:
I got one of these and an 8MB cart this evening. I've been on registered APE for a year now I think. Well worth the time & money. My entire childhood collection is now archived and I am back on BBSes again.

Stephen Anderson

I guess, then, that you have a serial SIO2PC? I'm not sure I'd have gotten the USB model if I had the serial. What was your thinking on this? Is this your first cart? If so, you are in for a treat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 8:26 am 

WizWor wrote:
I guess, then, that you have a serial SIO2PC? I'm not sure I'd have gotten the USB model if I had the serial. What was your thinking on this? Is this your first cart? If so, you are in for a treat.

I also have the serial APE interface as well as APE and PROSYS cables. I ordered the USB interface because my happy drives will operate in hi-speed mode under PROSYS using the USB cable whereas they only operate standard speed using the PROSYS cable.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:52 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

WizWor wrote:
Good point. The program is certainly worth more than $50 to me. Sign me up for SN:000001 ;)

SN:000001 is autographed, right?

Thanks. :D

I didn't think of numbering them though, probably should have. :)

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:12 pm 

I was wondering where you get the SIO connectors. Is there a finite supply? Are they salvaged? I have an 800 with a SIO cable directly connected to the main board. I have never opened it, but I wondered if I could simply solder a new SIO connector in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:53 am 

WizWor wrote:
Stephen wrote:

Stephen Anderson

Not my1st cart - I have a standalone 1MB Flash, and a MyIDE + 1MB Flash..

The reason I got a 2nd SIO2PC is the USB version is much faster, and it will also work with my laptop. It will also give me the ability to test stuff on my Ataris down at the workbench.

Stephen Anderson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:16 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

WizWor wrote:
I was wondering where you get the SIO connectors. Is there a finite supply? Are they salvaged? I have an 800 with a SIO cable directly connected to the main board. I have never opened it, but I wondered if I could simply solder a new SIO connector in place.

Most of them are from salvaged equipment. You could remove the cable and add a jack from a dead 1050 or some other peripheral.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 1:42 pm 

classics wrote:
Most of them are from salvaged equipment. You could remove the cable and add a jack from a dead 1050 or some other peripheral.

Steve

That's what I guessed. I have six 1050s and an 850. If I ever acquire a working 810, I'll probably cannibalize one of these so I can showcase the 800/810 -- who needs six 1050s anyway?

Continuing to hijack this thread, will APE know if the attached drive is Happy enhanced? I think I have two happy, two US Doubler, and two standard drives. I can tell which are the standard because they do not run the latest floppies I made (ten years ago). I was wondering if there was a DOS or utility that would sort out the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 6:55 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

WizWor wrote:
Continuing to hijack this thread, will APE know if the attached drive is Happy enhanced? I think I have two happy, two US Doubler, and two standard drives. I can tell which are the standard because they do not run the latest floppies I made (ten years ago). I was wondering if there was a DOS or utility that would sort out the rest.

ProSystem can tell you what upgrade the drives have.

Just attach the a drive by itself, turn it off/on (to clear it) and then run the 'Interrogate Drive' function.

It should be able to identify if it has a Happy 1050, US Doubler or if its a stock 1050.

Steve

Post subject: Woo Hoo!
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:11 pm 

Thanks. Can't wait...June 4th...can't wait.

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next