It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:12 am 

I'm having the same problems with my 8mb cart that I had with the first 1mb cart I had. Inconsistent erasing and flashing/verifying. Right now I only have a XEGS to test on because my recently acquired 800XL stopped working with some video problems :(

So I'm wondering if I got a bad cart again because I don't think it's the cart slot because the two 1mb carts I have work 100% of the time now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:53 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
I'm having the same problems with my 8mb cart that I had with the first 1mb cart I had. Inconsistent erasing and flashing/verifying. Right now I only have a XEGS to test on because my recently acquired 800XL stopped working with some video problems :(

So I'm wondering if I got a bad cart again because I don't think it's the cart slot because the two 1mb carts I have work 100% of the time now.

:(

Sorry for the trouble. I would love to see what set of chip speeds is in your cart. If you can send it back to me I will of course replace it for you.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 9:40 am 

It's no big problem, it works about a third of the time, just wanted to let you know about the ongoing issues with the XEGS. If you want to examine the cart I can send it back to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:24 pm 

I wanted to weigh in on this as well, since I finally found the time to make my first 8Mbit MultiCart.

The cart works fine on my 800 (which is the machine I use to create the cart) but the cart is not recognized at all by my XEGS. All 3 of my 1Mbit carts work fine on my XEGS, but when I plug the 8Mbit into it and turn it on, the MOST I get is a brief flash of white and the softest click, (the sound you might get when you hit the reset button) then blackness.
I tried plugging it in multiple times, tried wiggling it, tried swearing at it :roll: nothing.

As I type, I am reloading my 8Mbit cart with Steve's "Demo #2" file, just to see if it makes any difference. (Wow, sure takes a long time to load a 8Mbit cart... :) )

...Ok, with that file in the cart, the most I get is a blue screen with a top & bottom black border, and sometimes a bit of stray garbage. It also works fine on my 800, not on the XEGS.

Steve, any chance you have your own XEGS that you could pre-test carts before sending them to us (un)fortunate enough to have an XEGS as our primary or only system?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:53 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
It's no big problem, it works about a third of the time, just wanted to let you know about the ongoing issues with the XEGS. If you want to examine the cart I can send it back to you.

I'll do whatever it takes to make sure you have a product your happy with.

Please send it back if at all possible.

Steve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 6:57 pm 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Atari Smeghead wrote:
Steve, any chance you have your own XEGS that you could pre-test carts before sending them to us (un)fortunate enough to have an XEGS as our primary or only system?

I actually have two XEGS consoles. Only one keyboard but two of the main units.

I tested 10 8mbit carts in both consoles today and they all worked. I suppose I need to get my hands on one of these XEGS systems thats an issue so I can put it on the scope and see whats up.

If anyone has an extra XEGS they want to trade or sell IM or e-mail me. I'll check out eBay too.

In any case your welcome to return the cart for a exchange or refund, or just hang tight until I can find out if its the cart or the XEGS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:33 am 

classics wrote:

I tested 10 8mbit carts in both consoles today and they all worked. I suppose I need to get my hands on one of these XEGS systems thats an issue so I can put it on the scope and see whats up.

If anyone has an extra XEGS they want to trade or sell IM or e-mail me. I'll check out eBay too.

In any case your welcome to return the cart for a exchange or refund, or just hang tight until I can find out if its the cart or the XEGS.

One thing's for certain... I don't want a refund. These carts are my salvation! :wink:

I'm a patient enough fellow, so I can hold off returning the cart until you have more information. Also, I'll give the cart another try in my XEGS in the next few days, just to see if things have miraculously fixed themselves.

There is another option, which we can discuss further if the need arises. You're in Cleveland, right? I'm in Lansing, Michigan. What's that, a 4-5 hour drive? I could bring the offending cart and the XEGS. Besides, I've always wanted to see the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

I wanted to at least plant the seed. I have a car that could use some miles on it, after all. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:53 pm 

Ok, I'll send you my 8mb cart tomorrow. If you don't get a XEGS soon, I'm willing to let you borrow mine for a few weeks or something. Or I can also swap it for an 800XL in trade.

I only have about 20 carts for the 8bits and none of them have had problems with the XEGS cart slot. And after you sent me the two 1mb replacement carts I haven't had any problems with them either so it has to be some kind of weird interaction between my system and some of the flash carts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:15 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

Atari Smeghead wrote:

There is another option, which we can discuss further if the need arises. You're in Cleveland, right? I'm in Lansing, Michigan. What's that, a 4-5 hour drive? I could bring the offending cart and the XEGS. Besides, I've always wanted to see the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

I wanted to at least plant the seed. I have a car that could use some miles on it, after all. :D

Cool, if it comes to that we can hook up. Very generous of you. :)

I'm going to check out eBay too, but for some reason XEGS consoles always seem to fetch a high price there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 3:18 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

oesii wrote:
Ok, I'll send you my 8mb cart tomorrow. If you don't get a XEGS soon, I'm willing to let you borrow mine for a few weeks or something. Or I can also swap it for an 800XL in trade.

I only have about 20 carts for the 8bits and none of them have had problems with the XEGS cart slot. And after you sent me the two 1mb replacement carts I haven't had any problems with them either so it has to be some kind of weird interaction between my system and some of the flash carts.

I'm up for either, e-mail me and we can work out a trade or whatever.

I have some nice condition XL and XE systems and other assorted gadgets of course ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 11:09 pm 

For what its worth, my 8Mb cart works great in my XEGS (I flash it with a 65XE). I have also tried it in an 800xl and soon I'll be testing it in a 130xe and a 400/48K :)

my 8Mb = 91/100

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2