It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to take ATR and flash cart for 8Mb carts?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:31 pm 

Ok on the 1Mb it creates one ATR and I can put it on my disk, what about the 8Mb? It creates one large ATR! How do I put this on disks? Obviously I will have to use a lot of disk like 10 maybe??? This is the only way I can do it as I dont have a SIO interface...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:42 am 

Without an SIO2PC cable, how do you get even the 1mbit image atr to an atari disk? :shock:

If I did not already own one, the thought of having to download 10 disks over a 300baud atari modem for every flash, would have me running out to get or build an SIO2PC cablle.

I would highly recommend getting the cable, it even if your not flashing an 8mbit cartridge, the SIO2PC is just a terrific creation and the Software (APE, SIO2PC,810 ect.) is great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:48 pm 

c/65 wrote:
Without an SIO2PC cable, how do you get even the 1mbit image atr to an atari disk? :shock:

Well there is no other way is there? I am able to transfer the ATR to disk. But only a 130kb ATR is able to fit on a disk, not a 1MB ATR!

I use an Amiga to transfer the ATR to 5.25" disk. :)

I don't mind spanning to 8-10 disks, if that option was avail!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:50 pm 

:roll:

Nothing is impossible. Maybe the flash program can be made to pause between banks and allow for another disk to be inserted?

It sure would be nice to be able to selectively delete and fill banks. I am afraid that I don't know enough about the flash code to be of much help.

I wish you luck and hope you find a way to enjoy the 8Mb.

Atarimax's 8mb cartridge, along with the Sio2Pc has brought my atari out of the attic and back into the living room!

Post subject: are you still using a 300 baud modem on the atari?????
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:15 pm 

Hi c/65 just out of interest are you still using a 300 baud modem on the atari for downloading????????? I have got an 850 interface and a pocket pc modem which is about 33.3k speed and would love to connect to the 130xe and try to get online with it, so my question is is it possible or is the XL/XE computers too old for going online these days?????????
I have downloaded the contiki web browser for the 8bits but not got round to trying it out :( I also found a site that was boasting about another web browser for the XL/XE computers called pheonix but never got a reply from the author of the site :( I have the ape cable from steve which is absolutley brill and i would never be without it but i have not been able to do the BBS thing on the 130xe :(
Any info on getting online with the XL/XE computers would be nice even if it's only to chat to other atari users via the XL/XE computer connected to the pc via ape cable :) or independently via a modem :)

Cheers :)

Post subject: Re: How to take ATR and flash cart for 8Mb carts?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:05 am 
ERROR AT LINE 0

TjLaZer wrote:
Ok on the 1Mb it creates one ATR and I can put it on my disk, what about the 8Mb? It creates one large ATR! How do I put this on disks? Obviously I will have to use a lot of disk like 10 maybe??? This is the only way I can do it as I dont have a SIO interface...

The current loader does not support spanning for 8mbit images. 1mbit cart images will fit on a 1040 sector 1050-ED diskette though.

Steve

Post subject: Re: are you still using a 300 baud modem on the atari?????
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:45 pm 

No, I am not using a 300 baud nor an Atari for downloading, or at least not recently. The last time I did that was 1984 and my hours of calls to a long distance bbs cost enough to convince me that was not the way to go. But if I could get a 33.3 or above working, well heck, it would make a dandy email station for my living room.

backtoskooldaze wrote:
Hi c/65 just out of interest are you still using a 300 baud modem on the atari for downloading????????? I have got an 850 interface and a pocket pc modem which is about 33.3k speed and would love to connect to the 130xe and try to get online with it, so my question is is it possible or is the XL/XE computers too old for going online these days?????????
I have downloaded the contiki web browser for the 8bits but not got round to trying it out :( I also found a site that was boasting about another web browser for the XL/XE computers called pheonix but never got a reply from the author of the site :( I have the ape cable from steve which is absolutley brill and i would never be without it but i have not been able to do the BBS thing on the 130xe :(
Any info on getting online with the XL/XE computers would be nice even if it's only to chat to other atari users via the XL/XE computer connected to the pc via ape cable :) or independently via a modem :)

Cheers :)

Post subject: Re: How to take ATR and flash cart for 8Mb carts?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:27 am 

classics wrote:
TjLaZer wrote:

The current loader does not support spanning for 8mbit images. 1mbit cart images will fit on a 1040 sector 1050-ED diskette though.

Steve

Yeah I know, I currently am able to make 1Mb carts using my Amiga 3000 and Amiga 1020 5.25" drive! I guess I need to buy a SIO2PC CABL huh? lol

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]