It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: I have received my 8mbit cart but need help?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:28 am 

Hi,I have received my 8mbit cart and i am unsure how to use it?? The cart was delivered on it's own with no software???????
I have looked on the atarimax site to see were exe.packer is and if i need to download it in order to make a multi cart??? but i can't seem to see it for download????
Can someone please guide me on how to make my first multi cart on the 8mbit flash cart :)

Any help appreciated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:41 am 
DELETED

Last edited by DELETED on Thu May 17, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Hi anualmux
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:43 am 

Cheers for your reply :)
I have the ape cable/software which i have had for a long time but i am unsure how to get started with my 8mbit cart ???
I want to transfer games to the cart to make a multi cart but i have read that i have to format it first which i am unsure how to and also how to then transfer the games one by one to the cart???
I have downloaded classics 8mbit multi cart games but before i can do anything am i suppose to format the cart and how do i transfer???? I have reads that i must load the maxflash software via the ape cable to the virtual drive1 on the ape which is not a problem but were is the maxflash software??????
Any help appreciated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:30 pm 

I think all your answers are in the documentation webpages here:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/documentation/

Chapter 6 is all about using your flashcart with an image (as suggested).
http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/docum ... pter6.html

Most of the rest of the manual explains how to make your own images using the Maxflash software. So the software isn't necessary to use the flashcart if you grab already made images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:55 pm 

So do i use the maxflash 1mb cartridge software kit to format and make my own compilation of games on the 8mbit cart????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:36 am 

backtoskooldaze wrote:
So do i use the maxflash 1mb cartridge software kit to format and make my own compilation of games on the 8mbit cart????????

Yes, follow the instructions and the software works for making both 1mb and 8mb images. Look in the text box that has all the different switch options, one of them is -8MB which lets you create the bigger images.

The software is easy to use once you get all that Perl stuff installed and get used to using the DOS command line again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:17 pm 

Thanks :) Cheers all for your help i have a better understanding now :)
I realise that i have to install the peril for windows etc... I will follow the step by step then take it from there.I must admit though i thought it was a lot simpler to flash images on the cart LOL
I thought once you had loaded the flash software then it was a case of the cart being inserted at the time then there would be questions on screen to format and transfer etc..... i did not realise you had to have other software installed like peril LOL
Oh well i will give it a go and see what happens but i must admit having an harddrive for my 800xl which i bought from mr.atari's website which is called the myide is a whole lot better for storing and playing games than a 1 or 8mb cart :) and a whole lot cheaper!

The new myide is for sale now that accepts any harddrive no matter what!

http://www.mr-atari.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:34 pm 

backtoskooldaze wrote:
a 1 or 8mb cart :) and a whole lot cheaper!

The new myide is for sale now that accepts any harddrive no matter what!

http://www.mr-atari.com

That looks cool too, I say the more options the better! A nice multicart with a huge menu of games and apps and instant loading is the main benefit of the Flashcarts :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:23 am 

oesii wrote:

That looks cool too, I say the more options the better! A nice multicart with a huge menu of games and apps and instant loading is the main benefit of the Flashcarts :D

Greetings programs.
My reason for getting the cart was because I have a 400 my kids use and would love to get all those carts I have on to one. Which I guess I should have asked first if it works OK in the 400 .. :)

Mark

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ]