It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Windows 7 32-bit shows APE USB as "unknown device"
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm 

I just upgraded to Win7-32, and my APE USB interface won't work. Windows says "unknown device." I looked in the forum and found 64-bit drivers, but nothing for 32-bit. My USB does work since my printer, external drive do work. I'm using Registered 3.0.6. The firmware is whatever came with the interface.

Has anyone else run into this with Win 7?

Thanks,
Larry

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 32-bit shows APE USB as "unknown device"
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:46 am 

I thought the 32-bit drivers for the USB interface are installed with APE. Maybe reinstalling APE helps.

Robert

Post subject: Re: Windows 7 32-bit shows APE USB as "unknown device"
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:11 am 

When you say "My APE USB interface, are you talking about a true ATARIMAX USB interface device?
I have an aftermarket USB2serial device I had hooked to a homebuilt APE SIO2serial interface from my Windows 7 PC to my Atari 65XE and I ran aspeqt with it. It worked out well as long as I selected the virtual serial port that Windows 7 set up and had the ctrl setting set correctly.
Also, I have read that the ATARIMAX USB2SIO interface only works with the APE software.
APE, when run, should be setting up the USB driver though for the ATARIMAX USB interface. Just do not try to use the PRO version as it is for connecting to the physical Atari disk drive and not the Atari computer.
And remember that this is just my take on it. I do not have a ATARIMAX USB interface to check it out.
And that interface is not to be confused with the one they make to connect USB peripherals to the Atari.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]